Our Top 10 Planning Tips
1. Don’t feel you have to have all the details figured out. We’re happy to help sort through options together and provide our point of view and guidance.
2. Weddings are a celebration of you two. Above all else, they are meant to be fun. If at any time planning for your wedding feels overwhelming, look for a way to simplify things.
3. Be open with us about your budget so we can help you make the best decisions. We’re happy to provide guidance on which elements are worth investing in and how to make the most of your budget.
4. Flowers are a wonderful way to add a personal touch to your day – don’t shy away from considering colours and tones that are beyond your broader wedding colour palette to add depth and interest.
5. There are no real ‘rules’ when it comes to wedding flowers. Use your wedding day as an opportunity to focus on the pieces that are most important to you two, rather than feeling you must do ‘x, y or z’.
6. When it comes to your budget, invest in a few, select signature items and don’t worry about the rest.
7. Floral design is an art. Be open to the designer’s ideas and avoid being overly prescriptive in terms of specific flower varieties to use. We find it’s best to provide a small collection of 5-6 reference photos to help you communicate your likes and dislikes.
8. Never underestimate the value of adding candlelight – it brings a true sense romance to the evening and creates a level of intimacy not found elsewhere.
9. Don’t believe everything you see on Pinterest. Many of the most popular wedding photos are from overseas where flower availability is quite different. If in doubt, ask us and we can talk about locally-grown solutions..
10. We are at the mercy of Mother Nature when it comes to flowers. Iconic wedding flowers, such as Peonies, are only available for a few weeks in the year. To get the most out of your design team, leave the final decision on individual blooms to us.